It’s Spring and that means it’s time for more Spring cleaning tips! We have provided some tips on how to deep clean your bedroom.
After all, we spend many hours of our lives sleeping in our bedrooms, so it is important to your health to keep it clean and free of dust, dirt, and bacteria.
Tips to Deep Clean Your Bedroom:
Start the Laundry.
- Remove bed sheets, pillow cases, comforter or quilt, mattress cover, and blankets. Get the laundry going first so that they can wash while you work. Start with the mattress pad than the sheets and pillow cases.
- Down blankets can usually be washed in cool water and dried in the dryer or on a clothesline. Check tags to make sure of washing instructions. For best results add dryer balls or a clean tennis ball to the dryer to fluff the down while it dries.
- Stop the cycle every 30 minutes to fluff with your hands and break up any clumps.
- Be sure that the comforter is completely dry before putting it back on the bed.
Wash windows and Walls
- Dust sticks to more than the dresser. use a wet microfiber cloth to wipe down walls, ceiling fans, crown molding, window sills, and light fixtures.
- Use a new cotton mop to reach high areas like the ceiling and corners.
- If you have a vacuum with an extension use it to vacuum up cobwebs and dust from hard to reach areas.
- Wash the windows with a microfiber cloth and warm soapy water to wipe down the window sills. Then, use a glass cleaner and paper towels to clean and polish the window.
- For overhead light fixtures, remove the globes and wash them in the sink and then allow them to air dry. If they are not removable, dust well.
- Clean doorknobs and light switches with disinfectant spray and a clean cloth.
Clean Storage and Surfaces
- Wipe down all surfaces, lamp, dressers, door frames, picture frames, night stands, and furniture.
- Start at the highest point and work your way down in order to prevent dust from settling on freshly cleaned areas.
- Remove curtains and wash them according to the tag instructions. Or you can use your vacuum attachment to dust them.
- Remove clothes from closet and vacuum and dust walls and surfaces. Be sure to use the vacuum attachment for small corners and dusty areas.
- Wipe down dresser and be sure to fold and organize clothes in the drawers.
- Wash baseboards with warm soapy water and a microfiber cloth.
- Use your vacuum extension to clean under the bed.
- Remove any rugs and vacuum well.
- If you have hardwood floors vacuum and mop well.
- For fresh smelling carpet, sprinkle a little baking soda and allow to sit for a few minutes before vacuuming well.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year to remove deep dirt, dust, and allergens.